Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Who is Madame Queen I?

Madame Queen is a nickname given to me as a baby by my fabu grandma Ernie. The reason behind the nickname has been lost to the mists of time, but of course I like to think that my regalness was tangible even in infancy. I'm the oldest, and all following granddaughters are also known as Madame Queen, with the appropriate roman numeral. Grandma Ernie was always partial to Queen Elizabeth II. They were the same age, and Miss Lizzie was crowned Queen of England in 1952 when Grandma Ernie was 22 and a first time mamma. She got up waaay early to watch the coronation live on TV. I can just picture her with my Mom as a teeny baby watching the coronation on little 1950's black and white TV. Here's Queen Elizabeth II:

Weeerrrrk that scepter! Love the ermine cape, dahling! Doesn't that round thingie look like a bottle of Chambord? Wait, maybe the Chambord bottle is supposed to look like that thingie...

Anyway, MY personal favorite queen has always been Queen Rania of Jordan. Isn't her hair fantastic?

Here she is with my boyfriend Bono:

But! Today I have discovered a new favorite queen. Behold my namesake! Madame Queen...

the LOCOMOTIVE!!
According to my research, MQ the Locomotive is one of a kind. Also, she lives in Amarillo, which is the name of my old soccer team from, like, 3 years ago. Coincidences? I think not!

No comments: