Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I Ain't Sayin She's a Goldigger


When I am in my twilight years, I plan to live in Palm Beach or some other equally glamorous locale. I will swan about in crystal encrusted caftans and giant sunglasses- because as we all know, one’s sunglasses should increase in size at a rate directly proportional to one’s age. For evening, I will accessorize my look with marabou and bourbon. Sadly, I have to wait 40 years for this dream to become reality. However! I recently had a revelation while browsing the Intermix site.

I am not too young for a GOLD LAME MINI CAFTAN!!

Unfortunately, this example is quite pricey, so I am attempting to find a dressmaker that can help me to achieve my vision. Obviously, I will want to wear it every day so I will need to think of some different ideas on how to style it. Here’s what I have so far:
1. Fabulous Vegas- buttons undone, black bra, big messy hair, lots of eyeliner, high black non- stiletto rounded toe pumps.
2. Night out in City- add black tights and black velvet blazer to Vegas style- perhaps button up caftan? Depends on goal of evening, silly!
3. Trendy dinner- wear over dark skinny jeans with black flats. Add gold black beaded drop earrings, hair back.

Madame Queen Says: Remember, at dinner and other sitting down events, ie barflying- no one sees your shoes. Focus your cuteness efforts and/ or bedazzlements on your top half.

4. Winter day time chic- I love a challenge! I am seeing layers of browns and creams. Under the caftan, a thin long sleeve T in cream. Over that, a brown heathered cashmere hoodie- maybe a little zipping, with the hood poking out from beneath a textured outer layer of some sort. Leather hoodies are totally hot this season! How bout a camel washed leather hoodie. Big tortoiseshell sunglasses, big brown bag that you can fit all your extra layers into in case it gets too mcsteamy. Tre fabulous.

I maybe found a place in the City that can make The Caftan of Dreams, I’m waiting to hear back. When it’s done, Ms. Granny Bee can come over in her best Chanel twinset and we can do lunchie and a photo shoot- can’t wait!

No comments: